Required Experience & Skills:
– Minimum 2 – 5 years production experience as a Motion Capture Animator
– Python and or C# scripting proficiency. (Provide examples in portfolio).
– Experience developing in the Unity game engine or equivalent (Character animation).
– Experience setting up/working with animation state machines.
– Mastery over MotionBuilder / Maya animation workflows.
Desired Experience & Skills:
– Xsense / Perception Neuron mocap systems.
– Experience and passion for facial animation and rigging.
– Strong understanding of game engine animation pipelines.
– Ability to quickly ramp up and learn new tools / software.
– Clear communication skills with ability to document procedures.
– Strong ability to set realistic time estimates and deliver accordingly.
– Passionate about video games / simulation and animation industry.
Working at Mursion:
Mursion is a technology and graphics driven multi-disciplinary start-up working on cutting edge VR
simulations. Located in downtown San Francisco, Mursion promotes a unique culture where individuals are
adventurous, self-driven and motivated. The company believes in flexible schedules and work hours while
meeting deliverables and deadlines as required. The ideal candidate would have plenty of opportunity for
growth since the company features multi-disciplinary teams working across several domains. They will have
technical skills and will focus on capturing and integrating believable real-time human performances into
Mursion’s proprietary simulation engine. The candidate must be a self-starter, a team player, and comfortable
working across remote teams and distributed environments. They will meet and learn from a wide range of
personnel whose expertise ranges from 3D game development to education, psychology, theater and robotics
– Mursion promotes lateral thinking and you will have a chance to innovate and inject your ideas into our
long term vision.
Part of the application process will require you to complete an art test. In this test you will be provided a
character model with a mocap clip and asked to clean up, loop and embellish the original motion and animate
This position is available immediately. If you meet several of the above criteria, we would love to hear from
you with a link to your portfolio and or demo reel showcasing your latest work.
Please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line “ Application for Technical Animator – <Your
Name> ” and a brief explanation of why you may be a good fit for this position.