Company Description Founded in 2015, Mursion is a virtual reality environment where professionals practice and master the complex interpersonal skills necessary to be effective in high-stakes professions. They deliver virtual reality simulations that recreate the most demanding interpersonal exchanges that professionals confront on the job every day.
Position Summary We are looking for talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by the mission to leverage virtual reality technology to reinvent professional learning, and who are motivated to help clients become the premier global platform for virtual simulation training for behavioral skills. We’re looking for someone who is technologically-savvy, a strong collaborator, skilled in communication, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
We are looking for a technology minded Controller that will lead the accounting function at Mursion. You will have the opportunity to drive innovation and establish the department as we scale. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, able to pick up new technology quickly, highly efficient and a strong collaborator. You will implement new financial systems, processes, and procedures.
- Oversee all matters related to accounting including the month-end close, and preparation of monthly financial reporting, AP / AR management, P&L statements, compliance, budgeting and reporting
- Job costing reporting
- Establish and maintain internal controls and related processes
- Managing state compliance and sales tax requirements
- Manage accounting system implementation to Jedox (experience with Jedox a plus)
- Work with the outside firm to prepare audited financial statements and tax returns
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA highly preferred
- Expert Excel and QuickBooks user
- Experience working with a company that manages $20M in revenue or higher
- B to B experience
- Experience with high scale / high growth organization
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Understanding of payroll
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Technology minded
- Collaborative team player with positive attitude
- Experience in a start-up in tech, healthcare or corporate learning a plus